Background

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Harvest

Fall for farmers means one thing. Harvest. This year's corn harvest seems to be incredibly CRAZY. We thought our corn wouldn't be ready for another few days to a week, and BAM! All of our fields were ready on the same day! Terry has been working like crazy. For instance, he got in around 10 one night, the next morning was up and at it around 3am and didn't get home until 9 or so, only to get up around 5:30 the next day. I know one thing for sure, I married a worker, and I couldn't be more grateful. He is such a go-getter, and the greatest example to our kids. Oliver and I will go ride the tractor or the combine just about any chance we get. Oliver can last in the combine for a good hour or two. The tractors aren't quite as exciting and he gets stir crazy more quickly. He gets so excited when we pull into a field, he'll jabber away in the back seat. I'm sure grateful for the lifestyle we get to live!







No comments:

Post a Comment