Background

Sunday, February 9, 2014

35.6

We've made it to 35 weeks and 6 days! After tomorrow I can go into labor anytime and the doctors won't stop me. I'm sure this little one won't come that soon, and Terry and I both think I'll make it all the way to the 3rd of March, which is my c-section date. I wouldn't complain however, if he decided to make his debut a little earlier than that! I've been nesting like crazy, trying to get projects done, especially ones that aren't really even important. The baby has dropped, I'm guessing not all the way yet, but at least we're progressing!

These two pictures were both taken at 35 weeks 6 days. You can't tell that great in the picture below with Oliver, but I got huge with him (I blame it on the 3 pounds of EXTRA amniotic fluid). So I feel quite a bit smaller with this little guy. At my last appointment I actually weighed less a week further along than with Oliver. I'm glad I've stayed at the same weight gain range with this one since I haven't been nearly as sick.

 A week ago, the baby already weighed 6 lbs. Doc told me to plan on an over 8 lb. baby. This is after moving my due date up almost a whole week! He also said the baby has a big head. Of course. All the more reason to have a c-section! 

Oliver and his friend found a doll that my mom had sent home with me from when I was a little girl. Every now and then we catch him tucking the baby in his bed, covered in 3 or 4 blankets, with a toy, and a sippy cup, followed by a kiss. He is really quite adorable. I don't doubt we'll all have some major adjustments when this little one gets here, but I think Oliver will manage just fine. 

The doctor will check me this week to see if I'm progressing at all. He said he'd pretty well be able to tell if I'd make it to my c-section date or not. My guess is that I'm not dialated at all, and a slim chance of any effacing. I'd love to be, but I won't but any bets on it! Of course, I'm planning on doing all I can to "naturally induce" but once again, I won't put money on that working either.

We can't wait for this guy to get here. The next post could very likely be his birth announcement, since I've been quite the slacker with keeping this thing update lately!

1 comment:

  1. You look adorable!!! I can't wait to see how cute this little boy will be!

    ReplyDelete