Background

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Too Pure

Yesterday, after hearing the news of the tragedy that had occurred in Connecticut, I held my sweet baby and caring husband close to me. I cried, more than once, and felt pain for those families that lost a dear member of their family. I wish that there was something that I could do for them. That there was someway that my family could help those who were mourning. As I pondered this, I knew there was nothing that we could do, but through Christ, these families might find peace. Peace in knowing that they will see their sweet baby or devoted spouse once more. Through the Gospel of Jesus Christ, it will be done. It is Terry and my testimony that we know families are absolutely forever, and we hope our children will learn to know this as well.
I read This article that put my feelings into words better than I can. This is not anything put out by the Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder Day Saints, but it is what we know to be true. In this article he quotes our prophet Joseph Smith, "The Lord takes many away even in infancy, that they may escape the envy of man, and the sorrows and evils of this present world; they were too pure, too lovely, to live on earth; therefore, if rightly considered, instead of mourning we have reason to rejoice as they are delivered from evil, and we shall soon have them again." I hope that through our mourning of any soul lost, we can still rejoice that they were "too pure" to live in this cruel world and our Heavenly Father felt it best for them to return unto him, until it is our time to join them.

"He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds." Psalms 147:3

No comments:

Post a Comment