Background

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Lazy Mornings

Every now and then Oliver will sleep in until 8 or 8:30. We just have to make sure he is completely exhausted the night before. I was sure that we would get lucky and be able to sleep in this morning. However, I couldn't have been more wrong. 5:50 rolled around and our alarm clock went off. I was hoping that if I fed him, he would fall back asleep. Unfortunately, he was one wide-eyed boy and ready for the day! I pawned the kid off to Terry, and went back to bed for a few minutes. Terry came in a short twenty minutes later and headed out to the tractor, and I got the baby. I laid him down next to me on the bed, while he babbled along I continued to "rest my eyes" a little while later there was complete silence. I look over and there was Oliver fast asleep! He doesn't fall asleep like that.... ever. I grasped the opportunity and tried falling back to sleep myself. Sherri (my mother-in-law) has told me that Terry used to fight lions in his sleep, rolling around, tossing the sheets, waking up on the opposite side of the bed. I believe that Oliver will be fighting tigers and bears in his sleep. Oh my. For the 45 minutes he slept, he was kicking, grunting, and talking the entire time. He has been like that since birth. I sure pity his younger siblings that will have to share a bed with him whenever we go on vacation. Terry grew out of it though, maybe there is hope for Oliver!

This was the best I could do with the wee light from a lamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment