Background

Monday, April 30, 2012

Down Right Perfect.

Meet Uncle Brad.


Hi Uncle Brad!

This is Terry's uncle. He is 59 years old, and Tracy's big brother. Plus, he has Down Syndrome. He is currently living in a nursing home in Caldwell, so this passed weekend we went to visit him! This is the first time Terry and I have been able to visit since Brad has moved over to Caldwell and it was a very tender experience; well for me at least.

We drove over with Tracy and Sherri (Terry's parents) since we had never been there before. Tracy knows his way around the facility pretty well and found Brad almost instantly. Tracy takes good care of his big brother. 



Apparently, Brad loves to go outside. The moment Tracy asked him if he was ready to go for a walk, he started laughing and smiling! It was so heart-warming! As I watched my father-in-law wheel Brad around I just kept thinking how lucky I was to have married into such a wonderful family! Brad doesn't talk much these days, but anytime Tracy would say something to him, he was respond in some way. Whether it was a smile, a frown, or even nodding "yes" or "no." I was able to catch a tiny glimpse of what their relationship was really like and I felt very blessed to have witnessed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment